When the weather outside is so great, it’s hard to think of spending your weekend at a home show instead of being out there getting all those home improvements done! Watch our home show visitor get all of their questions answered and if you still have questions about your next roof, you can fill out the form below and we’ll answer your questions for everybody.
Ask us your question:
Here are 15 Questions you should ask when considering a roofing company
Understanding that most people aren’t well versed with the ins and outs of roof installation, we have arrived at a series of questions you may wish to ask before selecting a roofer. These questions may end up saving you thousands of dollars:
• How long has your company been in business?
• How many square feet of the proposed roof system has your company installed? ( i.e. what is your company’s practical experience with this roof system?)
• Do you have any references in my neighborhood?
• Does the roof system you are quoting to me require maintenance?
• Who is responsible for the maintenance?
• What will be the maintenance cost to me over the life of the warranty?
• Who is providing the warranty, manufacturer or roofer? What happens if the roofer goes out of business?
• Will you show me the warranty?
(This is very important! Most manufacturers will not post their warranties on their websites, they want you to buy the roof, and see the warranty after the work is done). We are proud of our Lifetime Residential Limited Material warranty, and our 15, 20, and 25 year Commercial Warranties. Always available at ibroofs.com.
• Does the warranty have an exclusion for ponding water?
• Does the manufacturer of the roof system you are quoting allow residential warranties or just commercial warranties? (Most manufacturer’s warranties are for commercial applications only!)
• If the answer is ‘yes’, are these residential warranties allowed all over the U.S. or just in ‘limited areas’?
• How long has the manufacturer been allowing residential warranties?
• Is the warranty transferable? If so, for how long?
• Are your workers factory trained on the system you are quoting?